This feature allows you to develop a Supervisor program that takes the
full control of the simulation. A Supervisor program has access to
additional API functions that are not available to regular robot
controllers. These functions are particularly useful to robotic
researchers: they allow you, e.g., to automatize repetitive experiments and
therefore they facilitate the design of optimization algorithms such
as genetic algorithms, particle swarm optimization, etc. A Supervisor
program can automatically:
The Supervisor Programming capability is only available in Webots PRO.
- Read or change the position and the orientation of robots or other objects
- Read or change the properties of any object in the simulation: mass, size, color, material, texture, etc.
- Control the simulation process: restart, quit, change controller
- Display informative text in the simulation window
- Import into the running simulation external objects stored in files
- Make automatic screenshots of the simulation
- Start and stop the recording of movies during a simulation